Are you getting ready or thinking of selling your home? With the market holding mortgage prices at an all time low, now is the best time to either up-size or even downsize your home. Now is the time to make the change. Most people will tell you staging and cleaning out your closets will prepare your home for a sale, which is not a bad way of thinking, but not the best solution. Your home doesn’t get by with a fresh coat of paint and some strategically places vases. Staging is an important part of the process, but will not cover any mechanical or structural issues.
Your home is a living, moving structure that over time, some areas tend to be neglected. Having your home inspected prior to listing gives you the advantage of working with a home inspector and being on control of what repairs are needed, allowing you the time to prepare for a new roof or fix those leaky taps. In reality, your buyer is more likely going to hire an inspector as well. Then you get into amendments and changes to your Purchase Offer. Why lose money and or the need to drop the price for simple repairs. Get yourself ahead of the game.
Here are some tips that can help you;
1. New Caulking around tubs, windows, counters and baseboards.
2. Attic Insulation, new minimum standards is 16 inches.
3. Repair broken windows that have a hazy, foggy look to them.
4. Gutters cleaned and repaired, and downspout extensions are added.
5. Have your furnace and air conditioner cleaned and serviced and have the report available, if you own a Wood stove or pellet stove, have it cleaned and inspected by a Certified Chimney Sweep with a certification ready within 30 days.
6. Replace any broken plugs or upgrade to GFCI and AFCI breakers, but hire a professional.
Rest Easy Home Inspections provides you with two reports, one is a summary that is provided to your clients, a general overview of what the house has to offer, and the other is for you for any needed repairs. An option is made available for potential buyers to purchase the inspection and book a walk through.
Why not get the most for your money when it comes to selling and beat those 11th hour negotiations.
Call and have your home Move In Certified today!